Applications due Thursday, March 5, 2020 by 3:00 p.m.
The City of Big Rapids' Neighborhood Services Department is seeking a Summer Planning Assistant. This is a temporary internship position, working 40 hours/week for 12 weeks (total of 480 hours) throughout the summer of 2020. The Planning Assistant will support the Neighborhood Services Director with planning and zoning related tasks, while learning about municipal planning and the daily work of a planning department.
1. Assists Department staff with shor and long-term planning projects.
2. Conducts writing, research, and data collection tasks.
3. Prepares maps and other graphics to illustrate and inform planning proposals.
4. Assists with public outreach and community engagement work.
5. Provides general office support, including assisting the public, organizing and filing, and attending meetings.
6. Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
The City of Big Rapids will only consider condidates currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a University program in urban planning, geography, or a closely related field. Applicants should possess strong verbal and written communications skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, and excellent customer service skills. Applicants should have proficiency with computer skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe suite (Illustrator and InDesign), and GIS and have a valid driver's license.
Entry (0-1 year)
$11/hour for 480 hours
Please submit a cover leter and resume to Melissa Hauger, Human Resources Coordinator, at the City of Big Rapids, 226 N. Michigan Avenue, Big Rapids, MI 49307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Call 231-592-4007 with questions.
DART DRIVER (Part-time)
Applications will be accepted at the City Human Resources Office, 226 N. Michigan Office, 226 N. Michigan Avenue, Big Rapids, MI 49307 until the positions are filled. Knowledge of the City and a CDL License with "P" Endorsement is preferred. Willing to train the right person. Starting hourly rate after training is $13.21 per hour. 20-30 hours per week.
In order to be considered for this position, you must complete the part-time employment application.