Spring Leaf Pickup Schedule
City of Big Rapids
Department of Public Works
Spring Leaf Pick Up
The City will be performing a one-time spring leaf pick-up through April 11, 2020. Crews will be making daily trips around the city to pick up any piles.
- Rake leave into piles in the street about one foot from the curb or edge of the pavement, leaving this space allows storm water to run into the gutters.
- Remove vehicles from street parking during the leaf pickup.
- Wet the leaves to prevent blowing, if needed.
- If you live on State Street, Maple Street, Colburn Avenue, or S. Third Avenue, please rake leaves up to the curb only, do not put them in the street.
- Don’t use plastic bags for leaves- keep them loose.
- Don’t put other debris into leaf piles, i.e. rocks, tree limbs, wood.
- Don’t park cars over dry leaves as this may start a fire.