Fall Leaf Pickup 2022
Street leaves will be picked up according to this map. Depending on the weather and the number of leaves dropped and piled in the streets, City crews may get to an area earlier or later than anticipated. City crews will make at least two complete trips around the city more if needed.
- Rake leaves into piles in the street one foot from the curb or edge of pavement. Leaving this space allows storm water to run into the gutter.
- Remove vehicles from street parking during the week of scheduled leaf collection.
- Wet the leaves to prevent blowing if needed.
- Do not bag leaves, keep them loose.
- Do not put other yard waste into leaf piles, i.e., rocks, tree limbs, grass, wood.
- Do not park cars over dry leaves as this may start a fire.
- DO NOT PUT LEAVES IN THE STREET, RAKE THEM UP TO THE CURB IF YOU LIVE ON:
- Colburn Avenue
- Maple Street
- State Street
- S Third Avenue
If you have questions or concerns, please call: ALL DATES ARE WEATHER DEPENDENT. PLEASE GET YOUR LEAVES OUT ASAP
City of Big Rapids Public Works Department
8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Friday
For information on Household Hazardous Waste Drop Off please call:
Mecosta Conservation District
231-796-0909 ext. 3