Notice of Public Hearing for Proposed Airport Improvements
ALL INTERESTED PERSONS are notified of the availability of a Draft Environmental Assessment (EA) evaluating the potential effects of proposed improvements at the Roben-Hood Airport (Airport) in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, Executive Orders, and FAA policies including Order 1050.1F. A hardcopy of the Draft EA is available for review during normal business hours at the Airport or an electronic version is available anytime online on the City of Big Rapids website until March 22, 2024. Documents can be found at the following locations:
- A hardcopy is available at the Airport located at 21325 18 Mile Rd, Big Rapids, MI 49307
- An electronic version is available online by downloading them here.
ALL INTERESTED PERSONS are further advised of a public hearing being held by the Airport. The purpose of the public hearing will be to consider the social, economic, and environmental effects of proposed improvements and whether the improvements are in the public interest and consistent with the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969. The public hearing is scheduled for:
March 19, 2024 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM at City Hall located at 226 N. Michigan Ave, Big Rapids, MI 49307 in the Commission Room
The public hearing will focus on the Draft Environmental Assessment for the following proposed improvements:
- Extend Runway 9/27 by 700 feet at the approach end of Runway 9 to provide 5,000 feet of runway length
- Relocate/reconstruct Runway End Identifier Lights at the approach end of Runway 9
- Relocate/reconstruct the Precision Approach Path Indicator at the approach end of Runway 9
- Clear, grade, and restore the Runway Safety Area and Runway Object Free Area at the approach end of Runway 9
- Clear obstructions in the Runway 9 approach
The public hearing will be an open house format with no formal presentation given. Members from the project team will be available to answer questions on an individual basis. Interested participants may attend the meeting anytime between the listed hours. A court reporter and comment forms will be available for those persons who would like to make a statement regarding the project, and have it included in the official transcript of the public hearing. Before including personal identifying information in your comment, be advised that your entire comment including your personal identifying information, may be made publicly available at any time.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during the meeting should notify Steve Schroeder, Airport Director at least three days prior to the meeting.
The public is also encouraged to submit written comments or concerns by mail or email. Comments must be received by March 22, 2024, to be included in the official project record. Send comments to:
Steve Schroeder, Airport Director Roben-Hood Airport
21325 18 Mile Rd, Big Rapids, MI 49307
(231) 796-5600 / email@example.com